Friday, November 21, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!






Pumpkin Roll Recipe~ Chris and I make Pumpkin Rolls every year and many of you have asked for the recipe, so here it is! Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas desert. Please let us know how yours turns out :) Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Pre-heat oven to 375
Line cookie sheet with 2 pieces of wax paper, butter or spray the top piece with cooking spray
Mix the following ingredients together;
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of canned pumpkin
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
Pour batter on wax paper,spread evenly
Bake @ 375 for 10 minutes ( be sure batter is cooked in the middle)
Remove from oven, let cool some but not completely, then roll into a roll and set aside to cool.
Prepare filling when batter is in the oven
1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese ( soften the cream cheese in microwave)
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 tsp. butter
3/4 tsp. vanilla
Unroll the roll and spread filling on top, then roll the roll back up
Wrap in saran wrap first, then foil. Put in fridge to chill or freeze.
Enjoy!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!! Thanks for the secret family recipe!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe.We are going to Florida next week, will spend the holiday with Troy's cousins. I will not be cooking but will try the pumbkin roll when I return. Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

You really do a good job with your blogs, someday I hope to learn how to do it. Probably Josh could show me. Charlotte

Anonymous said...

LOVE THAT RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you-but I bet mine still will never taste as good as yours!!! Hope to see you all next Thursday!!!! Love, Aunt Suzie and Uncle Burt xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elayne,
Missed getting the recipe last year. I was sure hoping that you would include it in your blog. See...good cooks don't always keep their recipe a secret. Trusting your Thanksgiving will be a sweet one. Our family is so blessed to have friends as precious as your family. Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

thanks Elayne i printed it out and I am gonna make it for the family.

Anonymous said...

I will be making this - and I am going to use your recipe! I remember one year you and Chris made this at our house. I miss you guys... Hope you have a great Holiday.
Robin Myers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails